Crochet shorties

| Tuesday, April 28, 2009 | |
As promised, a pic of my crochet shorties! Normally I dont like the look of crochet items, but this turned out REALLY cute! And they are great for night and naptime diapering :) Super soft too, I've had this yarn for a while and I didnt know what to do with it!
I will have to make a couple more..and maybe some soakers when we get pregnant for a new babe!
Not TOO shabby for my 2nd crocheting project :)



I also made 31 new cloth wipes :) They are flannel/sherpa and we really needed some more! If you havent tried cloth wipes, you have no idea what you are missing! When we were in Houston I used disposable wipes for the first time in almost over a year and it was DREADFUL. Takes 3 or more wipes to clean up a poo where ONE wipe gets it done easy w/ cloth! Plus they are so much thicker than disposable wipes. They actually sell them at BRU too! I saw them today when I was there picking up FINALLY a gummy cover to go on the rail of L's crib. He's like a flippin beaver, I swear he was going to build a dam or something w/ his crib rail!
Anyhow here are the wipes!




And the teal yarn I dyed, starting to knit up...they are actually finished now, just finished them tonight while watching the Biggest loser :)


Pics tomorrow of these finished and hopefully the other pair I started a few weeks ago finally finished!

3 comments:

Chris, Kerry, and Riley Says:
April 29, 2009 at 7:16 AM

Wow those look great! Your so talented I am jealous! I tried to knit and it just hates me so I gave up.

Good luck with baby #3!

And we watched the biggest loser last night too. Can I just say the final four left weren't any of my first choices but I would laught if little old Helen came and took from Tara and Mike. I know it's a long shot. Who are you rooting for?

Kristen Brooks Says:
April 29, 2009 at 10:01 AM

I actually like Tara an or Mike, I know i'm in a minority but they have worked REALLY hard. I actually REALLY like Tara. She was my girl from the beginning actually!

Cassi Says:
April 29, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Ooh, I LOVE both pairs of shorties! Now go finish another unfinished project and post some pics so I can get even more jealous of you! :~) Love you!!